The Minimum Maintenance By-Law prescribes the standards of maintenance and safety that applies to all properties located within the City of Brampton.
As a property owner you are responsible for ensuring your property is properly maintained and free of any hazardous conditions.
Routine yard work:
- Abandoned, inoperative or unlicensed motor vehicles are not permitted on any property.
- Dead, decayed or damaged trees must be removed. Keep trees and hedges maintained to avoid overgrowth that may affect safety, visibility or passage of general public.
- Firewood, building materials, garden equipment, etc., must be stored neatly in your back yard not visible from the street.
- Accumulation of refuse, debris or junk is not permitted.
- Grass and weeds must be maintained regularly to avoid excessive growth of more than 20 centimetres (8 inches).
- Clean up and remove domestic animal excrement
- Maintain decks and fences
- Remove any standing water
- Remove snow and ice from sidewalks
Routine home repairs:
- Undertake regular maintenance including repairs to the roof, walls, windows, doors, peeling paint etc. Ensure that your home is good working order and is protected from the elements (example: painting, weatherproofing).
- First, notify the landlord in writing of your concern(s) in order to allow the landlord the opportunity to address the maintenance issue.
- Second, if the landlord does not address your concern(s) adequately, register a complaint with the City
Remember to CALL the City (Zoning Dept.) 905-874-2090 before you:
- Widen your driveway
- Build an addition, a deck, a shed, a fence or attach any structure to your home
- Install a pool, spa, hot tub or artificial pond
Please contact the Parks Maintenance and Operations Department at 905-874-2906 before you: