A parking ticket for any offence may result in City staff towing your vehicle away.
The City has recently set up a three-strikes policy to more effectively enforce parking by-laws. If Enforcement staff has ticketed your vehicle for the third time in 60 days, they will tow it away.
Enforcement staff will tow your vehicle if:
- You have parked it in a way that makes it a safety hazard, such as when it sticks out into traffic from a driveway.
- It blocks a driveway.
- You have abandoned it or it has no licence plates.
- You have parked it illegally and it is interfering with parade routes, street closures.
- It is blocking a fire route and is affecting the safety of the public.
- It is blocking a City street.
For more information, visit the Parking Enforcement page.