Tickets are now on sale for the 2014 Brampton Outstanding Business Achievement Awards (BOBAA)!
Join The Brampton Board of Trade and the City of Brampton Economic Development Office along with the Brampton business community, as we honour business excellence in the following categories:
- Transportation & Logistics
- Hospitality & Tourism
- Innovation & Technology
- Professional Services
- Young Entrepreneur
- The Brampton Board of Trade Business Person of the Year
The prestigious awards gala will be held on May 1st 2014, 5:30 pm at the Pearson Convention Centre and will feature a keynote presentation from award-winning broadcast journalist, CBC’s Wendy Mesley.
Wendy MesleyAward-Winning Broadcast Journalist
Wendy Mesley is one of Canada's most recognized and respected broadcast journalists. A provocative speaker who addresses the challenging issues of the day with an entertaining and informative presentation style, Mesley is also an outstanding moderator, master of ceremonies and on-stage interviewer.
Since becoming the CBC's first female correspondent assigned to cover a Prime Minister, Mesley has gained many years of first-hand insight and anecdotes about some of the most powerful and influential characters of our times.
Always a political junkie, Mesley also helped to create―and then hosted―CBC ‘s Undercurrents, the ground breaking program examining how media, marketing, and technology were changing the world; and then became the co-host of CBC's Marketplace, the consumer advocacy program.
Currently at The National, Mesley anchors the program on Friday and Sunday nights and is the regular back up anchor for Peter Mansbridge.
She has won three Gemini awards for her work, as well as ACTRA's John Drainie award for her outstanding contribution to journalism.
Thank you to our generous sponsors
Retail, Administration and Logistics:
||Villa Kitchens & Fine Cabinetry|
||Poutine! Dare to be Fresh|
|Information and Communication Technology:
||Open Storage Solutions|
|Business Service – Customer Service:
||Crawford Chondon & Partners LLP|
|Hospitality and Tourism:
|Award of Distinction – Community Contribution:
|Award of Distinction – Innovation:
|BBOT Business Person of the Year:
Linda Ford, Access Career Solutions
For Business looking to enter the Business Achievement Awards the following information should be
- Your company will gain recognition as a top achiever and will join leading companies in Brampton, as an outstanding member of this community.
- Your business will be recognized by media and business newsletters.
- You will be recognized at the prestigious an awards dinner.
- The six category winners will be submitted to the OCC (Ontario Chamber of Commerce) Outstanding Business Achievement Awards by The Brampton Board of Trade.
Judges will be considering the following criteria:
- Product innovation and technological achievement
- Increased productivity and quality improvements
- Increased employment, employee retention consideration and growth opportunities
- Excellence in business leadership and entrepreneurship
- Demonstration of goal achievement through strategic planning and direction
- Demonstration of measurement of customer service and reliability
- Achievement in marketing and promotion
- Community involvement and contribution
- Environmental Leadership
Nominations will be accepted until January 24th, 2014
The City of Brampton Economic Development Office and The Brampton Board of Trade