See or hear something suspicious or unusual? Say something!
See Something, Hear Something, Say Something is a public awareness program to help maintain a safe transit system. We all have a responsibility to look out for the safety of the Brampton Transit community.
Get involved in everyday safety
We encourage all Brampton Transit employees and riders to commit to being alert, informed, prepared and involved partners in safety.
Be on the alert for suspicious or unusual activity, including:
- Packages or bags placed or planted in an out-of-the-way location (e.g., garbage can)
- Individuals in the act of abandoning an object, package or substance and quickly leaving an area
- Objects with unusual items (such as batteries, wires, tanks, bottles or bags)
- An attached message or note
- A suspicious cloud, mist, gas, vapour, odour or seeping fluid
- Two or more individuals showing signs of distress (nausea, coughing, difficulty breathing, etc.)
- A vehicle parked in a restricted area or odd location
- A window/door open that is usually locked or closed
- Or other out-of-the-ordinary situations
Reporting suspicious activity: DOs & DON’Ts
- DO report suspicious or unusual activity immediately
- Speak with a Brampton Transit employee
- Call City of Brampton Security at 905.874.2111
- In an emergency, call 911
- DO describe specifically what you observed, including:
- Who or what you saw
- When you saw it
- Where it occurred, including bus or stop number, if applicable, and
- Why it’s suspicious
- DON’T confront threatening people
- DON’T put yourself in dangerous situations
- DON’T report suspicious activity on Brampton Transit’s website or social media channels (Facebook and Twitter)
Brampton Transit is committed to the safety of its riders and employees. Report suspicious or unusual activity. Safety and security is everyone’s priority.