We will launch an etiquette and behavior campaign to raise awareness of on-board behaviour and investigate new technologies to report any incidents.
We will improve safety signage fleet-wide.
We will consult with customers and other stakeholders on service improvement priorities and options for the 2018 Service Plan through our seven Public Information Centre events.
We will implement an Automated Vehicle Monitoring system to efficiently monitor and respond to bus maintenance requirements.
We will have real-time transit data available through a GTFS feed for Triplinx, Google Transit and other app developers.
We will implement the 2018 Service Plan, adding 65,000 service hours. A majority of these hours will be introduced as part of our September service changes. Improvements include:
- Service frequency improvements to address ridership growth, improve timeliness, schedule adjustments to improve service reliability, and new/realigned routes
- Improved service coverage to new growth areas with new local service routes and/or route realignments and extensions including Mount Pleasant, Chinguacousy Road and Mayfield Road area, and Financial Drive
We will reduce child fares in September at the start of the new school year.
We will install the following items:
- 10 new customer benches at Bramalea Terminal
- 60 new bus stops
- 25 new shelters
- 15 replacement shelters
- 25 new benches at bus stops
We will add 34 new buses to our fleet by the end of the year to meet service demand and growth:
- 11 – 60 ft Züm hybrid diesel-electric buses
- 23 – 40 ft conventional buses
We will refurbish 12 buses
We will complete the Sandalwood Transit facility maintenance expansion project
We will place an order for eight electric buses and four charging stations as part of our new electric bus pilot project slated to launch in 2019.
We will continue to communicate through all of the following channels: print, online, social media, Contact Centre, and in person at our terminals and at events.
We will expand our hours of service on Twitter.