Exciting transformation is coming to downtown Brampton!
As part of creating a vibrant urban centre, the City of Brampton is working towards creating an aesthetically beautiful streetscape around the historic Four Corners. From Mill Street South to Chapel Street on Queen street and Nelson Street East and Wellington Street on Main Street.
The new streetscape will bring together pedestrians, cyclists and motorists in a safe and sustainable manner. From the addition of cycle lanes to landscaping between street and sidewalk, the new design capitalizes on pedestrian walkability and enhanced amenities and street furniture.
For more information call 311
News and Events
- Project Tender Issued
Downtown Reimagined is progressing well and was tendered this last week to pre-qualified bidders. The tender process is scheduled to close on September 12 and awarded to the successful bidder shortly thereafter. Stay tuned for more updates!
What does this project entail? Watch the video
and see what's planned.
- Council approves project plan recommendations
- Tunnel Investigation Phase 2 - Notice of Work
In preparation for Downtown Reimagined, the City of Brampton continues to investigate the existing tunnel.
The investigative work will take place overnight (9 pm to 9 am) on July 31, August 1, 7, 8 and possibly 14 at the following locations:
1. East side of Main Street from the CIBC to Vivian Lane.
2. West side of Main Street from approximately 50 metres south of Nelson Street West to McKinney Lane.
3. Queen Street, approximately 30 metres west of Main and Queen
There will be minor traffic and pedestrian impacts at the locations noted above and best efforts will be made to minimize construction noise.
- Parking lanes and sidewalk will be closed overnight (beginning at 9pm) and will re-opened at 9am.
To view the notice, click here.
Municipal Parking MapDid you know there are nearly 1,800 parking spots available in City garages? Find a spot here.
It’s not just about streetscaping
Check out the Transformation