Come out and keep fit and active with our skating lessons - your Learn to Skate instructor will introduce basic skating techniques in an enjoyable group lesson. Our lessons are designed to create an environment for ice orientation as well as having a fun experience learning new skating skills. Assistants and volunteers are utilized when necessary.
- Safety and Equipment Guidelines for Learn to Skate Programs
- Canadian Standards Association (CSA) certified hockey helmets are mandatory for all participants and must have a CSA sticker indicating its certification.
- Programs that need the assistance of a parent/guardian require that the parent/guardian participate on the ice, with skates, and wearing a Canadian Standards Association (CSA) certified hockey helmet with a CSA sticker indicating its certification.
- Full facemasks are strongly recommended for all skating participants.
- Single blade skates are the only type of footwear permitted on the ice.
- Mittens or gloves are required for all participants; snow/splash pants are required for Preschool participants and recommended for all.
- Powerskating participants also require full hockey equipment, CSA certified hockey helmet with full facemask and hockey stick.
- Lesson Cancellation Dates
Skating programs may not be scheduled on certain dates due to holidays, special events or facility maintenance. These dates will be noted on your program receipt and will be communicated at the facility. Course lengths and fees have already been adjusted to reflect these dates.