The George Hitchcock Memorial Endowment Fund was created by Brampton Fire and Emergency Services to assist Brampton residents who are pursuing a career in the fire service. It also honours the late George Hitchcock who guided and encouraged many people in their pursuit of a career in the fire service.
During his 33-year tenure with Brampton and Fire Services, George Hitchcock played a significant role in developing and nurturing many innovative programs. George’s direction and leadership was pivotal to the development and success of the Fire/Life Safety Education Centre. The Centre has grown to be an award-winning and internationally recognized facility for safety awareness and education. The endowment fund is a tribute to the valuable contribution made by George to our community.
Endowment Fund Eligibility Criteria
To be eligible for the fund, applicants must fulfil all of these criteria:
- Individual is a Brampton resident and a Canadian citizen or is able to work in Canada
- Applicant is pursuing an Ontario Post-Secondary School diploma in a fire-related program
- All applicants must fully complete the requirements listed in the application form
- The applications must be submitted by the submission deadline
- After the interview process, the successful applicant must provide proof of acceptance to an Ontario Post-Secondary School program
Note: City of Brampton employees and their families are not eligible to apply to the fund.
Funding Guidelines and Process
- The George Hitchcock Memorial Endowment Fund Committee will only accept the first 30 applications
- The selection committee will select a specific number of applicants for an interview based on their application form
- Submission period is January 1 – April 30, 2019
- The submission period will close either April 30, 2019 or when 30 applications are submitted - whichever comes first
- Submissions must be emailed to The George Hitchcock Memorial Endowment Fund Committee: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Applications that are incomplete, illegible or not received during the submission period will not be considered
- Interviews will take place in May and June 2019
- The successful applicant will be notified by June 20, 2019
- Application Form