Welcome to the kidzone! This is the place to learn about fire safety, enter colouring contests, find great websites and more.
Visit NFPA's Sparky the Fire Dog's ® website.
The name and figure of Sparky® are registered trademarks of the National Fire Protection Association.
Top 10 Fire Safety Tips For Kids
- Every home must have a working smoke alarm on each level.
- A grown-up should test all smoke alarms at least once a month.
- Every family should practice a home fire drill at least twice a year.
- Memorize your address and telephone number in case you need to call 9-1-1.
- Matches, lighters and barbecue lighters are dangerous – don't ever play with them.
- Only adults should use the stove and barbecue. However, kids can help the adults.
- Space heaters need to be at least one metre away from anything that would burn.
- Candles are for adults to use only. Never leave them unattended.
- If a fire happens, get out and stay out!
- Stop, drop and roll if your clothing catches on fire.