City Council has authorized a Financial Assistance Program to help senior citizens and physically challenged homeowners with costs incurred from hiring a service provider to remove snow from their sidewalks and driveways. Qualifying applicants can receive a grant of up to $200 for non-corner lot properties or up to $300 for corner lot properties with sidewalks on two sides of the property and where both sidewalks are not cleared by City forces.
To qualify for the program, the applicant must meet the following criteria:
- Be 65 years of age or more at the date of the application OR be permanently confined to a wheelchair, restricted to the permanent use of crutches or braces, or otherwise be permanently disabled in such a way as to restrict physical mobility.
- Own and occupy the property on which the application is made.
- Not have claimed a credit on any other property for the same winter season.
- Not live in a condominium dwelling whereby all snow removal is the direct responsibility of the condominium corporation.
Return the application during the winter season, but no later than April 28, 2017:
Snow Removal Financial Assistance Application
Once the City has approved an application, use the reimbursement form to provide proof of service to the City of Brampton. Requests for rebates must be received by July 28, 2017:
You can send application/reimbursement forms and receipts by mail or drop off at:
- City of Brampton, Public Works
- 1975 Williams Parkway, Brampton ON L6S 6E5
You can also drop off completed forms and receipts at:
- Service Brampton — City Hall Kiosk
- 2 Wellington Street West, Brampton ON L6Y 4R2
We are also accepting a fax or scanned email copy of your completed forms and receipts: