Construction Services is responsible for managing construction on major infrastructure projects, including building new roads, widening or rebuilding existing roads, building grade separations, widening bridges, improving intersections and installing new sidewalks.
Construction Management provides the following services:
- Administers construction contracts for the 10-Year Capital Works Program.
- Ensures the construction meets City standards and the requirements of the construction contract, including the completion of the work.
- Monitors construction to ensure work is completed with as little inconvenience to the public as possible.
- Liaises with the public and local business to address any traffic or property concerns that result from construction.
- Prepares payment, substantial and final completion certificates.
- Approves changes in the contract due to field conditions.
- Prepares daily, weekly and monthly progress reports and web updates.