The annual Spring Sweeping Program consists of sweeping all City of Brampton streets to remove sand and debris accumulated over the winter season. This prevents materials from clogging the storm sewers, as well as provides a safe and clean driving surface.
The City of Brampton sweeps:
- All City-owned roads, as long as there is a top or finished coat of asphalt, including bridges, catch basins and gutters.
- Hard-surfaced boulevards and medians.
- Sidewalks and walkways plowed by the City during the winter.
- Parking lots at City of Brampton Recreation Centres and other City facilities.
- Country roads without curbs are flushed and/or swept as required.
Residents are reminded to:
DO – Keep vehicles off residential streets to avoid blocking street sweeping operations.
DO – Place garbage containers and recycling boxes away from the road on collection days.
DO – Keep basketball and hockey nets off the road and far enough back from the curb.
DO – Be understanding. While street sweeping is underway, there may be some noise and dust.
DO – Be patient. Cold and rainy weather prevents our sweepers from operating.
Following the completion of the initial Spring Sweeping Program, summer
sweeping occurs until the Thanksgiving long weekend. Summer sweeping
- Sweeping major arterial roads three times.
- Sweeping collector roads two times.
- Sweeping local residential streets once.
- Sweeping downtown streets weekly.