The Region of Peel will be improving their infrastructure in the downtown area in Spring 2018. The work will include watermain replacement and sanitary repair and reconstruction. Rather than the typical restoration plan, Council directed staff to study the opportunity for wider sidewalks to increase walkability and create a more pedestrian friendly environment.
Staff initiated a Schedule “C” Environmental Assessment study for the downtown area in November 2016. As part of the study, a number of cross-sections were examined including their impacts to the social, cultural and natural environments.
Public and Stakeholder information sessions were also held throughout the study at The Rose Theatre and City Hall.
- BIA Meeting and Presentation – February 1, 2017
- Stakeholder Meeting – February 9, 2017
- Public Information Centre No. 1 – February 23, 2017
- Public Information Centre No. 2 – April 27, 2017
- Council Approval on the Cross-section – May 31, 2017
- Notice of Study Completion – August 31, 2017
The Environmental Study Report (ESR) was made available for a 30-day public review period on August 31, 2017 in accordance with the requirements of the Municipal Class Environmental Assessment. For more information on the Environmental Assessment Act and how to send comments related to the ESR, please click here.
The Region of Peel project webpage can be found here.