Something very exciting is happening in the County Court neighbourhood! The City of Brampton in partnership with the TRCA and Region of Peel has worked with local residents and businesses to develop the County Court SNAP (Sustainable Neighbourhood Retrofit Action Plan) to transform the existing neighbourhood to be more environmentally, socially and economically sustainable and to increase its resiliency to climate change.
A few highlights of the 2014 County Court SNAP projects include:
- Construction of 2 Filter Swales along County Court Blvd.
- Installation of 4 front year Fusion Gardens
- $15,000 grant from TD Green Streets for trees in County Court Park
- Installation of 45 Trees in front and back yards
- Spring Neighbourhood Event
- Coffee Nights
For more information on what you can do to improve the environmental sustainability of your home and property, please visit the City's Green Home Makeover page