Gore Meadows Community Centre and Library Phase 2 Facts
- What is being built?
- Gore Meadows Community Centre and Library is a phased construction project which will ultimately provide one single integrated building.
Phase 2 – approximately 70,000 square feet
• Lap pool for lessons, fitness, recreation swims
• Leisure pool with special features (e.g., slide, teaching steps)
• Changing areas, storage, party room, staff space, guard office, etc.
• Fitness Centre
• Aerobics and dance area
• Equipment areas
• Changing rooms
• Common space including:
• General offices and counter
• Outdoor recreation features
• spray pad
• outdoor ice facility for 3 on 3 hockey practice and recreational skating
• Extension of access road, parking, site services and landscaping
- How much is this going to cost?
- Phase 2 of Gore Meadows Community Centre and Library is currently projected to cost approximately $32M.
- Where is this being built?
- Phase 2 will be an addition to the Phase 1 facility constructed at the south end of the building.
The full site is approximately 240 acres and extends from The Gore Road to the east to McVean Drive to the West, along Castlemore Road, which is the southern boundary. These lands will in time be developed into a “city-wide park” serving all of Brampton.
- When is it being built?
- We anticipate to break ground in the summer of 2014 and expect construction to take approximately 18 months. Phase 2 of the facility is scheduled to open spring 2016.
- Why are you building it?
- Gore Meadows Community Centre and Library provides much needed services to the growing communities in northeast Brampton. Development of these facilities is identified as a priority in the Library Facilities Master Plan as well as the Parks, Culture and Recreation Master Plan.
Gore Meadows Community Centre and Library Phase 2 is part of a multi-year phased plan to create a city-wide park at the corner of Castlemore Road and The Gore Road.
- Additional Information:
- Samantha Walker
Project Manager, Acting, Facility Services
tel: 905.874.3858 email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Number of Arenas: Outdoor arena coming soon
Pool Capacity: Coming Soon
Pool Features: Coming Soon
Multipurpose Rooms Description:
Capacity - 3 rooms flexible arrangement (40-290 people). Suitable for meetings and social functions. A/V Capabilities (projection screens), Full Kitchen (catering), patio.
Outdoor Amenities Features:
Skateboard/BMX Park, Basketball Courts, Accessible Playground
Fitness Area Features:
Cardio Equipment, Selectorized Equipment, Aerobic Studio, personal training, changing facilities
Wood sprung hardwood floor, Basketball (2), Volleyball (3), Badminton (4), bleachers (145 Capacity) change rooms, 12.4 meter roof, Scoreboards, AV capability (microphone/music)
Extra: Registration location Brampton Public Library – Gore Meadows Branch, snack bar, air conditioned, fully accessible. Brampton Transit Route 50 and Route 25 bus stop, Targeted LEED Silver Certified