- What is happening with Fitness Memberships at Gore Meadows?
Gore Meadows Community Centre is being expanded to include a pool, fitness centre with track, and outdoor amenities including a spray pad and ice rink. The expansion of the fitness centre will upgrade Gore Meadows from a smaller “Neighbourhood Centre” to a larger “Fitness Centre.” The City offers two levels of memberships for Neighbourhood and Fitness Centres. Neighbourhood Members who wish to continue to use the facilities at Gore Meadows after the new fitness centre opens will need to upgrade their membership.
- I am interested in purchasing a new membership, what do I do?
New members interested in signing up for a membership between August 1 and December 31, 2017 will be able to purchase a Transitional Membership.
- What is the Transitional Membership?
The Gore Meadows Transitional Membership is a short term membership available from August 1 to December 31, 2017. It is available for sale at Gore Meadows exclusively and is being offered to bridge the period when Neighbourhood Memberships are phased out and Fitness Centre Memberships are introduced at the facility.
- How much does the Transitional Membership cost?
The Transitional Membership is prorated based on the number of days between August 1 and December 31, 2017.
Prices for Transitional Memberships valid from August 1 – December 31, 2017 are as follows:
- Teen (14 – 17): $74.97
- Adult (18 – 54): $114.75
- Adult (55+): $74.97
- Student (18 – 54): $91.80
Please note that memberships will be prorated based on the amount of time remaining from purchase date until December 31.
- Can the Transitional Membership be cancelled or put on hold?
Transitional Memberships are not eligible for suspensions, extensions or refunds. If the term of the Transitional Membership is too long, please consider purchasing a one month membership.
- What do I do when my Transitional Membership expires?
On December 31, 2017, all Transitional Memberships will expire. Members wishing to continue their membership privileges at Gore Meadows will need to purchase the Fitness Centre Membership.
- What enhanced amenities will the new Fitness Centre have?
- Expanded Fitness Centre, with over 35 new pieces of cardiovascular equipment
- Plate-loaded equipment including bench presses and squat racks
- Two additional aerobic studios for group fitness classes
- Elevated walking track
- State-of-the-art multi-use jungle system
- Expanded and upgraded change rooms, including a steam room
- State-of-the-art Aquatic Centre, including Lap and Leisure Pools
- Will tours of the new facilities be offered?
Absolutely! Visitors are encouraged to come in for tours as soon as the new facility opens.
- What does the Fitness Membership include?
- Citywide access to fitness facilities
- Citywide use of weight rooms and indoor tracks
- Citywide access to public swims and skates
- Citywide access to squash and racquetball courts
- Citywide entry to group fitness classes
- Citywide access to Aquafit classes
- A fitness consultation
- A copy of our fitness membership handbook
- How much does the Fitness Membership cost?
- Teen (14 – 17): $279.80
- Adult (18 – 54): $429.40
- Adult (55+): $279.80
- Student (18 – 54): $343.50
- Are members able to use the current fitness centre right up until the new centre is open?
Fitness facilities will most likely be closed for approximately seven days in order to allow time for staff to relocate current fitness equipment to the new facility.
For more information, please contact us at 905.874.3477