- Membership Information
The Flower City Seniors Recreation Centre is for adults age 55 and older. The Centre provides a wide variety of accessible programs, special events, travel, services and volunteer opportunities. Brampton residents 55 years of age and older are welcome to join the Centre for an annual membership fee of $20.50; non-residents may join for $25.60. Membership is free of charge for anyone over the age of 90. Proof of age may be requested at the time of registration. Memberships are valid for one year from the date of purchase. Please carry your
membership card with you at all times. Please note that membership fees are non-refundable. Once you have a valid membership, additional fees are required to participate in programs, special events and bus trips.
- Withdrawal Requests
There are no refunds for membership fees.
- Requests must be made no later than one business day prior to the third class (unless otherwise indicated).
- Requests made due to medical reasons must be accompanied by medical documentation.
- Requests will be processed as of the date official notification is received and will not be backdated.
- Requests will be pro-rated to reflect the number of classes having already occurred.
- Make-up classes will not be granted for classes that are not attended due to illness, weather, or personal emergency.
- Refund requests are subject to a $10 administration fee for each refund requested per person, per program.
Special Events and Travel
- Requests will only be accepted at Flower City Seniors Recreation Centre.
- Travel requests will only be considered if the place is filled by another person on the waitlist prior to departure date
- If filled, the requesting individual is only eligible to a partial refund (less a $10 Administration Fee) Transfers will not be considered
- Special Events are non-transferable
Designated Flower City Seniors Recreation Centre parking is located directly in front of the building and additional parking is located on the west side of the building.
- Bus Transportation
Brampton Transit is pleased to serve the Flower City Seniors Centre seven days a week!
Catch Route 1/1A – Queen into the Flower City Community Campus at these times:
Monday to Friday
Eastbound 1:02 pm , 2:34 pm, 3:12 pm
Westbound 8:44 am, 9:39 am, 1:06 pm
Catch Route 3A – McLaughlin into the Flower City
Community Campus between these hours:
Monday to Friday 7:30 am – 10:00 pm
Saturday 8:00 am – 4:00 pm
Sundays 8:00 am – 6:00 pm
For detailed schedule information, please call
- Gift Certificates
Looking for the perfect gift for that hard-to-buy-for person? Why not buy them a membership or one of our salon services such as a manicure or haircut? Gift certificates are available at the front desk. They may be purchased in any denomination and can be used for a variety of services. For more information please see the staff at the front desk.
- Course Cancellations
Programs, special events and bus trips are cancelled when minimum registration numbers are not met. Don’t wait for the last minute to register, do it now! The cancellation process starts one week prior to commencement of programs, special events and bus trips. You will be notified at that time if your program is cancelled.
- Flower City Library
All books, magazines, puzzles and movies may be borrowed for your enjoyment. Please use the sign-out book provided when borrowing items. Donations are accepted for gently used books. Please ensure all donated books are produced after 2000, in good condition and are not hard covered. Donations can be left in the wooden drop off box located in the front entrance of the centre.
- Flower City Lawn Bowling Facility
The Flower City Lawn Bowling Facility is adjacent to the Seniors Centre to facilitate linkages and sharing of program space between the two facilities. Please note some Flower City Seniors Recreation Centre programs will take place at this facility and the location will be included in the program description.
- Citywide Adult 55+ Programs
The City of Brampton is committed to providing quality programs for adults 55+. Refer to the Recreation Guide for a full list of programs available in local facilities for adults 55+.
If you are interested in advertising in our brochure, please contact Kyra Bishop at 905.874.3525 or firstname.lastname@example.org
to discuss rates and submission deadlines.
- Well Wishers and Farewell Notices
Sympathy and get well cards for those members who are hospitalized are mailed from the Centre. If you know of any card that should be sent, please notify the staff at Customer Service.
When we are notified of a member’s passing, a notice will be posted in the main entrance.
- Do You Have an Idea? We're Listening
We’re looking for your ideas on what programs you would like to see at the Centre. Let us know. The suggestion box is on the wall next to Member Services.
- Change of Address
Have you moved or changed any of your contact phone numbers? Please advise Customer Service if you have moved, changed your phone number or your emergency contact numbers since becoming a member.
- Benefits of Membership
Your membership at Flower City Seniors Recreation
Centre entitles you to:
- Participate in all programs, salon services, special
events and travel offered at the Centre
- Program Activities Brochures
- Hold office on the Centre’s Advisory Committee
- Have a direct link with local government through
the Public Services Department
- Keep up to date on the latest information involving
seniors such as local initiatives, health care,
community support and social services
- Become involved in meaningful and rewarding
- Most importantly, meet new friends!
For those wishing to stay connected, we have free WiFi for your convenience.
- Rates are subject to change and notice will be posted at the Centre if a rate adjustment is required. Occasionally, room locations, times and dates are changed between the printing of the brochure and the start of programs. We kindly remind you to check your registration receipt for updates, and watch for notices posted in the Centre.
- Flower City Insider
The Flower City Seniors Recreation Centre newsletter is for you! This free bi-monthly newsletter highlights volunteering and programs at the Centre.
- Participating in Physical Activity
It is recommended that your physician be consulted prior to the start of any physical activity.