Brampton Recreation offers Skiing and Snowboarding instruction for children and adults from ages 3 and up. Participants progress through a program from Beginner to Advanced. The information below will give you complete lesson descriptions and programs offered. Programs should be chosen based on ability level at the start of the season. Participants must be program age at start of lesson.
- Clinics are another great way to spend time learning
- Class length is 1 hour, with 1 hour of practice time afterwards
- Please visit us to pick-up your lesson tag and go to rental shop to have your equipment sizing completed before day of lesson
- Click on e-registration links below for dates and times
- 1, 4 & 8 Week Programs
- All program fees include a 2 hour lift ticket, which includes a 1 hour lesson and 1 hour practice time after lesson.
- Private Lessons
Bookings do not start until the ski hill is open. Private lessons must be booked in person in the Ski Chalet at Chinguacousy Park. Space is limited and based on availability.
- Tuesday - Friday — January 10th - March 10th — 5:30pm, 6:30pm & 7:30pm
- Saturdays & Sundays — January 14th - March 12th — 2:00pm, 3:00pm, 4:00pm & 5:00pm
- March Break — March 14th - 18th — Lesson Times Vary
- Holidays/Family Day — $42.76* — Lesson Times Vary
- Ski & snowboard private lessons — $24.20*
- Semi private lessons up to 3 people available.
Price includes 1 hour lesson and 1 hour additional time afterwards to practice on your own. *rental equipment is not included
Lessons will run in all weather conditions. Click here for Program & Service Information.
- Discover Skiing - Drop In Program Ages 8+
- Try our introductory one time lesson for the first timer. Price includes full set of rentals with a 1-hour group lesson and 1-hour of practice time afterwards on their own
- Discover Skiing is an introductory lesson for the first time skier. Skiers will learn the basics of putting on equipment, walking around with equipment, climbing, stopping and turning in a wedge(snowplow). Use of lift will be taught only once participant has showed controlled turns and a stop in beginner area. NOTE: Everyone progresses differently and some participants do not progress to the lift and top of hill during lesson time
- Clothing not provided. We highly recommend that participants wear a winter jacket, ski or snowboard pants, a helmet (available in rental shop), proper winter gloves or mitts. Regular pants or jeans do not keep you warm and snow will stick to them making you wet and cold. Gloves or mitts will protect your hands from the elements
- Note: This is a drop in lesson, based on availability. First come first serve. Registration must be done at the ski chalet and ends one hour before lesson time to allow for rental sizing. Space is limited.
The City of Brampton offers thousands of fun and engaging Recreation programs. Find the best results for your family using the Registered Program Search tool!