Each stream has a different way of distributing its funds to meet the many different needs of the City’s cultural community:
a) Arts and Culture Programs, Projects and Capacity Building: Arts & Culture has two (2) components and a non-profit can submit an application to both streams in 2019:
· Programs & Projects provides 50% of eligible expenses to a maximum of $12,500
· Capacity Building provides 100% of eligible expenses to a maximum of $2,500
b) Festivals and Events: Festivals and Events has two (2) components and a non-profit can only apply to one (1) of the components in 2019:
· "New” Festivals and Events – festivals and events that are either in their first year or are requesting City of Brampton Community Grant Program funding for the first time regardless of how long the festival or event has existed. This stream provides 50% of eligible expenses to a maximum of $12,500.
· "Established” Festivals and Events - festivals and events that have received City of Brampton Community Grant Program funding for at least one (1) year, must be consecutive years of funding. This stream provides 50% of eligible expenses to a maximum of $65,000.
In both cases, the festival or event, rather than the organization, is being referred to.
c) Recreation and Active Living: This stream supports recreation and active living initiatives.
· Applicants may submit one (1) application per calendar year to this stream
· Applicants are eligible for up to 50% of eligible expenses to a maximum of $12,500.
d) Sport Tourism Hosting: This stream supports sport tourism hosting initiatives.
· Applicants may submit up to a maximum of two (2) applications per calendar year to the STH Stream.
· An event will be eligible for funding up to 50% of the event’s eligible expenses to a maximum of $50,000.00.
e) Neighbourhood Initiatives: Neighbourhood Initiatives has different attributes from the other streams as it accepts applications every month year round until funding is depleted. This stream opens January 3rd, 2019.
· Applicants can request up to $1,000 in matching funds for community based initiatives.
For all the specific details and requirements for what specifically is an eligible activity in each stream please visit the CGP Handbook, refer to the Funding Streams section.