Prior to Voting Day: Position training (in-class, online and material review): approximately 2-3 hours
Voting Day: Monday, October 22, 2018, 8 am to 10 pm
$240 Flat Rate (includes additional hours on Voting Day & training time)
Reporting to the Location Supervisor, responsible for the operation of the vote tabulator and processing ballots through the vote tabulator ensuring secrecy of the vote.
- Attend mandatory training session and review all training material prior to Voting Day
- Arrive at the voting place at 8 am on Voting Day
- Assist with set-up of the voting place
- Assist the Location Supervisor with the set-up of the vote tabulator at the beginning of the day
- Process ballots through the vote tabulator
- Troubleshoot rejected ballots and any error messages displayed on the vote tabulator
- Redirect voter to DRO as required (rejected ballot)
- Escalate technical issues to the Location Supervisor for additional support
- Provide hourly tally of ballots cast to the Location Supervisor or Assistant Supervisor
- Assist with closing the voting place
- Ability to deal tactfully and courteously with the public
- Ability to work under pressure
- General computer skills with ability to troubleshoot basic issues
- Good command of the English language (both oral and written)
- Excellent customer service skills
- Second language an asset
Please be advised that the City of Brampton uses email to communicate with applicants. It is the applicant’s responsibility to include a current email address that is checked daily and accepts emails from unknown users. As we send time sensitive correspondence via email (i.e. interview dates, training, placement), it is imperative that applicants check their email regularly. If we do not hear back from applicants, we will assume that you are no longer interested in an Election position.
We are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. If you are contacted for an election position, please advise us of any accommodations needed to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. Any information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.