The new Ryerson University campus will be built adjacent to the downtown GO Station. The centre of innovation will be located on the land surrounding the existing Nelson Square parking garage.
The locations selected for these facilities have many advantages:
- Adjacent to our downtown transit terminal, it allows city-wide transit access to the new university and Centre for Innovation
- Adjacent to the downtown GO station, it provides connectivity with the Innovation Corridor and the GTA
- It supports the City’s position for two-way, all-day GO service
- It aligns with the City’s long-term vision for our downtown urban growth centre and anchor mobility hub
- It supports the development of a signature downtown destination and will enhance social and economic vitality