The City Hall Campus includes City Hall with the addition on its north side, and the West Tower on the west side of George Street South. These two buildings are connected by a pedestrian bridge, called Heritage Way. The Campus also features Daily Times Square on the north side facing Queen Street West; a courtyard outside the Conservatory, landscaped with gardens and seating areas. The Conservatory is a grand lobby entrance and event space.
The City Hall Campus:
- is a landmark civic facility in the downtown
- integrates the southwest quadrant on both sides of George Street
- offers place-making architectural elements including Heritage Way, the Conservatory and Daily Times Square
- encourages a vibrant, animated, pedestrian-friendly streetscape with mixed-use and retail space on the ground floor
For photographs of the West Tower and City Hall addition, view the photo gallery.
About the West Tower
This 9-storey building features six floors of administrative space, two floors of community meeting rooms and one floor of retail space. There are five levels of underground parking.
The first three floors of the West Tower are open to the public, with access to retailers, community meeting rooms, and the pedestrian bridge to City Hall. The first level of the underground garage is reserved for visitor parking.
The West Tower and the addition to City Hall have LEED Gold certification. The environmentally-friendly design features include:
- Green roofs add beauty and function, enabling the City to capture and reuse rain water to irrigate the landscaped areas and as grey water for flushing toilets
- The parking garage includes bicycle storage facilities, priority carpool parking, and electric car charging stations to encourage a “greener” commute
- The exterior features 40-50 per cent glass, to increase natural light and reduce lighting and heating costs
Community Meeting Rooms
There are 22 meeting rooms in the City Hall Campus, on the second floor of the addition to City Hall and the second and third floors of the West Tower.
These rooms may be booked by the public from 4:30 to 9 pm on weekdays; 9 am to 9 pm on Saturdays; and 11 am to 6 pm on Sundays. Reasonable room rental rates are available for Brampton residents, businesses and not-for-profit groups, depending on the number of attendees. Non-resident rates are higher.
For more information, or to book a room, contact Facility Services at 905.874.2133.