City invites citizen appointments for citizen-based Advisory Committees, Adjudicative Committees, Administrative Tribunals and related appointments
BRAMPTON, ON – Calling all Brampton residents looking to get involved in their city - the Council of the Corporation of the City of Brampton is seeking applications from citizens interested in various appointments for the 2018-2022 term of Council, ending in November 2022, or until a successor is appointed.
The City needs citizens for citizen-based Advisory Committees, Adjudicative Committees, Administrative Tribunals and related appointments as follows:
Citizen-based Advisory Committees
• Accessibility Advisory Committee
• Age-Friendly Brampton Advisory Committee (requires three adults (55+) and three persons aged 15-24)
• Brampton Community Safety Advisory Committee (requires four citizen representatives, one from each of the four quadrants of the City as divided by Highway 410 and Queen Street)
• Brampton Heritage Board
• Brampton School Traffic Safety Council
• Cycling Advisory Committee
• Environment Advisory Committee
• Sports Hall of Fame Committee
Adjudicative Committees, Administrative Tribunals and other appointments
• Audit Committee (up to three citizens with financial background)
• Administrative Monetary Penalty System Screening Review Officer
• Administrative Monetary Penalty System Hearing Review Officer
• Brampton Appeal Tribunal
• Committee of Adjustment
• Election Compliance Audit Committee (alternate members)
• Property Standards Committee
These appointments require residents’ time and active participation to have a meaningful impact for the City. For more information about appointment opportunities, including qualifications and responsibilities, please visit www.brampton.ca.
Application forms and the terms of reference for each committee/appointment are available on the City’s website at www.brampton.ca, for pickup at the City Clerk’s Office at Brampton City Hall or by requesting information be sent by mail.
Alternate format applications are available upon request.
Application forms must be submitted to the City Clerk’s Office by email, mail or in-person no later than 4:30 pm on Friday, January 18, 2019.
Residents who require further information can contact:
City Clerk’s Office, Brampton City Hall
2 Wellington St W, Brampton, ON L6Y 4R2
UPDATED: January 2, 2019
Residents can find applications here: http://www.brampton.ca/EN/City-Hall/Council-Committees/Pages/Citizen%20Advisory%20Committee%20Vacancies.aspx
“Bramptonians who want to make an impact in our city should apply for a citizen appointment. Informed decision-making is only possible with resident advisors – that’s why citizen-based Advisory Committees, Adjudicative Committees, Administrative Tribunals and related appointments are so crucial in Brampton. Together, we can make an impact.”
- Mayor Patrick Brown
Brampton is thinking bigger. We are a future ready organization with a sharp focus. We know our community’s growth, youth and diversity set us apart. We sit at the centre of Canada’s innovation super corridor, encouraging investment and growing our global success. We are building vibrant urban centres that ignite opportunity and instill pride in the people who live and work here. We are moving Brampton forward to be a connected city that is innovative, inclusive and bold. Follow us on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram. Learn more at www.brampton.ca.
Media Coordinator, City of Brampton
email@example.com | 905.874.2880