Are you thinking about getting married? Are you interested in a FREE simple civil marriage ceremony?
On Saturday, June 15, at the opening of the City of Brampton's Farmers' Market and the official kick-off to summer, Brampton will host its first Pop-up Civil Marriage Ceremony! The event will be held on the steps of Brampton City Hall from 10 am to 1 pm.
Couples will have the opportunity to participate in a non-religious civil marriage ceremony conducted by a City marriage officiant. The marriage ceremony (value of $200) is being offered for free!
The ceremony will be conducted in English and couples will express their vows and "I do's" with a designated marriage script. Couples must register in person at the City Clerk's office before June 13, 2019. Up to nine (9) spots are available, and will be filled on a first come, first served basis.
In order to register for the event, couples must provide:
- A valid Ontario marriage licence (marriage licences can be obtained at Brampton City Hall - click here for requirements)
- One piece of photo identification for each applicant, which includes the individual's full name and date of birth
- A signed liability waiver (provided at the time of registration)
At the Ceremony
- Two witnesses are required per couple
- As this is a casual set-up, standing room is available for guests accompanying the couple
- Come rain or shine, the event will proceed - in the event of severe inclement weather, the ceremony will be moved into the Civil Ceremony Room at City Hall, which accommodates up to six (6) individuals, including the couple