Join our team as a Transit Driver! Consider a challenging and rewarding career as a Transit Driver with the City of Brampton. We are looking for candidates who demonstrate:
- Safety conscious driving;
- Exceptional front-line face-to-face customer service experience;
- Resilience when faced with difficult situations;
- An exceptional ability to communicate effectively with a positive attitude even in difficult circumstances;
- Ability to work a flexible work schedule which can include various shifts including nights, split shifts, weekends, holidays and various days off;
- Personal accountability and high integrity towards work;
- Effective evaluation and problem solving of work-related situations in spite of frustration.
Transit Driver recruits are conducted as positions become available. Please note for applicants participating in an active recruit the process typically takes several months to complete. Those applicants who complete the selection process and are unsuccessful can re-apply in 24 months.
Enjoy a Rewarding Career with Great Benefits:
- Fully paid five-week training program
- Paid vacation
- OMERS Pension plan
- Generous group benefit plan (including health and dental)
- Free uniforms
- Independent work
- Development opportunities for advancement to Supervisory roles
- Flexible work schedule
Click here to apply via the job posting.