Ward 3 and 4 City Councillor Jeff Bowman is lifetime resident of Brampton and he continues to live, work, volunteer and contribute to this great city. Jeff’s commitment to the community runs deep and his first priority will be working for the residents of Wards 3 & 4.
Jeff believes Brampton needs a strong, cohesive council to meet the challenges this community faces over the upcoming term and beyond. His approach is one of openness and transparency and keeping residents informed about what is going on in the City. More importantly, Jeff works hard to engage his residents and encourage them to become involved in guiding the future of their community.
Jeff is passionate about Brampton, and is committed to bringing his passion and commitment to City Council on behalf of the residents of Wards 3 and 4.
Jeff attended Ridgeview P.S., Centennial Sr. P.S., and Northwood P.S. before graduating to Brampton Centennial S.S. He went on to study Business Administration at Sheridan College, where he won The Ron McNie Memorial Award for highest average in the Business Division.
Jeff started Bowman Training Initiatives in early 2005 after being in the business world in various management and director positions in a variety of large organizations for more than 20 years. In 2006 Bowman Training Initiatives was awarded the “Small Business of the Year by The Mississauga Business Enterprise Centre”. In 2008 Bowman Training merged with 2 other independent businesses to form The Marketing Pad Inc. a full service marketing company in Brampton. For the last 3 years in a row, The Marketing Pad has been voted Best Marketing Company in Brampton by the Business Times.
A partial list of Jeff’s volunteer, community involvement includes:
- 12 years as a business mentor with the Brampton Small Business Enterprise Centre
- Member of the advisory Board for Brampton Excelsior Senior Lacrosse Club (6 years)
- Member of the executive of Friends of Peel Memorial
- Worked with the Carabram Board (5 years)
- Volunteer to speak in high schools on business and entrepreneurship
- Volunteer with The Circle of Hope Cancer Support Group
- Coached hockey and lacrosse at house league and rep levels for 12 years
- Volunteer for Rotary Youth Leadership (RYLA)
- Volunteer for Kiwanis Brampton Volunteer Awards
- Volunteer at Sheridan College - Director for BDL Course (5 years)
- Raised funds for Wellspring Chinguacousy through "Pink Hair Dare"
- Brampton Board of Trade member for 12 years - served as Head of Business Development Committee
- Former Chair of Trade Talkers Breakfast Networking Group – Member for 10 years
Jeff is an avid lacrosse fan and a tireless volunteer with many community organizations in Brampton.
He has been married to his wife Tammy for more than 30 years and they have two wonderful sons, Jake 26 and Matt 24, and the family has lived in Peel Village for 22 years. Jeff was elected to Brampton City Council as City Councillor for Wards 3 and 4 in October 2014.