Flower City Committee facilitates Council’s commitment to implement the Flower City Strategy. The Committee coordinates, prioritizes and make recommendations to Committee of Council on the next steps and resources required to best achieve the goals of the Flower City Strategy.
Focus on excellence in three distinct areas:
· Place making: to create beautiful and distinctive spaces in Brampton that enhances its image, and contributes to defining and celebrating the city's identity.
· Promotion: to undertake activities that increase awareness of Flower City initiatives and their role in creating a unique identity for Brampton.
· Partnership: to develop long-term relationships that engage residents and businesses alike, to work with the City in the achievement of Flower City initiatives.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Evaluation of new projects and initiatives identified by elected officials, members of the public and/or City departments.
· Ensure the coordination of Flower City initiatives with other strategic City initiatives.
· Assist with the high-level brand development of Flower City, including identification of cross promotional opportunities.
· Ensure the Flower City brand, vision and goals are reflected in future projects.
The Flower City Committee reports to Committee of Council.
The Flower City Committee meets quarterly.
|5 Members of Council
City Councillor John Hutton–Chair
Regional Councillor Gael Miles–Vice-Chair
City Councillor Grant Gibson
Regional Councillor Sandra Hames
Regional Councillor Elaine Moore
Department representation includes:
Senior Management Team representatives from across City Departments, coordinated through the Office of the City Manager.
Tammy Jackson, Legislative Co-ordinator