The Cycling Advisory Committee provides an advisory role to Council by fulfilling the following mandate:
• Provide advice on matters pertaining to cycling in Brampton by responding to requests from staff and Council related to both utilitarian and recreational cycling in the City.
• Provide input to City staff on the delivery of the Bicycle Facility Implementation Program.
• Review legislation and policies relating to cycling and advocate to City Council and other legislative bodies for cycling-supportive legislation and policies.
• Assist staff with updates and implementation of the Pathways Master Plan.
• Liaise with the following groups to effectively utilize resources and share information relating to cycling in Brampton:
o Cycling Committees and/or staff from surrounding municipalities
o Peel Regional Police
o Brampton Transit
o Professional Organizations (OTC, Velo Ontario, etc.)
• Represent the cycling community and promote all forms of cycling activities within Brampton through campaigns, community rides and an annual promotional event;
• Work with the assigned City staff to meet the mandate of the committee by developing an achievable annual work plan including communications and budget requirements.
Third Thursday of each month at 7:00 p.m.
- No less than eight and no more than 12 citizen members
- One Member of Council
- Kevin Montgomery - Co-Chair
- Anthony Simone - Co-Chair
- Alina Grzejszczak
- Stephen Laidlaw
- Dayle Laing
- Patrick McLeavey
- Gaspard Ndayishimiye
- Julius Pokol
- George Shepperdley
- Lisa Stokes
- Pauline Thornham
- Regional Councillor Martin Medeiros (2017-2018)
Each quadrant of the City is represented by at least two members residing in their respective quadrant. The four City quadrants are defined as:
- Northeast of Highway 410 and Queen Street East
- Southeast of Highway 410 and Queen Street East
- Southwest of Highway 410 and Queen Street East
- Northwest of Highway 410 and Queen Street East
Term of Office:
Concurrent with the term of Council, ending November 30, 2018, or until successors are appointed.
Committee established by:
Council Resolution C197-2014 (Committee Recommendation CW260-2014)
Planning & Development Committee