In the year prior to a municipal election, a volunteer Council Compensation Committee is established to review compensation for Members of Council who will take office following the next municipal election. (C322-2005)
The Committee’s mandate includes:
- Compensation adjustments requiring policy change
- Appropriateness of Members of Council being included on the non-union salary grid for the next term of Council
- Review of severance for Members of Council who leave or do not return to office
- Review and advise Council on Mayor and Member remuneration and benefits, including
- salaries, including the one-third tax-free allowance
- vehicle allowances
- Mayor and Council support staff
On December 17, 2014, by Resolution C326-2014, Council delegated to staff the responsibility to interview and appoint a Council Compensation Committee. It was re-established to conduct a review of Council's current compensation structure and benefits program (including necessary benchmarking), with a report and recommendations to be presented to Council.
Term of Office:
The citizen appointments are effective for the term ending November 30, 2018, or until successors are appointed.
Resolutions C275-2001, C276-2001 (August 15, 2001) and C034-2002 (January 28, 2002) (GR005-2002)
Members appointed in June 2015:
· Philip Varickanickal (Chair)
· Jessica Phinn (Vice-Chair)
· Lynn Dobson
· Joy Gordon-Adams
· Frank Lodhar
Scheduled as required
- Reimbursement for any expenses incurred
- Mileage is paid at the City of Brampton corporate rate when the members are required to travel on Committee business.
Click here for Application Form.