What is BrowseAloud?
BrowseAloud is a solution to make websites more accessible by allowing the option to have the web content read to you. It is designed for people with print disabilities, dyslexia, low literacy, mild visual impairments and those with English as a second language.
How does it work?
As you hover or move the cursor over the text, the web content is read aloud. Features and options are easily accessed through a floating toolbar that you can position anywhere on your screen or hide from view, if you prefer. You have control over the voice, word pronunciations and speech highlighting.
What does it do?
- Reads web pages including websites, intranets, html, accessible Flash, form fields and alt tags
- Reads PDF and Word documents in their original form
- Can be set to highlight each word as it is spoken
- Magnifies text to a font size and type you prefer
- Can translate between some English and other languages
- Looks up accurate dictionary definitions
- Can mask information on the screen allowing you to focus on a specific area
- Converts text to MP3
How do I get it?
BrowseAloud is free, and getting it is as simple as adding a bookmark to your browser. Click here to get BrowseAloud and follow the instructions on the page.