The City of Brampton held a public information session on May 2, 2007 to seek public comments on the preliminary results of the Incineration and Waste Processing, Transfer and Disposal Study, a two-year study to review the City’s policy framework for addressing development applications related to waste incineration, processing, transfer and disposal in Brampton.
The study, carried out by consultant MMM Group Limited, looked at the appropriateness of the City's current land use designations and policies as well as transportation considerations. A Statutory Public meeting was held on September 5, 2007 to present findings of the study. A Planning Policy report was submitted to the City by the consultant which recommended a planning policy framework for the regulation of incineration and waste processing, transfer and disposal uses. the report formed the basis for amendments to the City's Official Plan and Zoning By-law.
On October 10, 2007 Brampton City Council passed By-Law 326-2007 to adopt Official Plan Amendment OP93-288 and OP2006-009, and By-Law 327-2007 to amend Comprehensive Zoning By-Law 270-2004.
For further details on the study and its findings, staff reports and material from the public information session are available for download below.
- Phase 2: Planning Policy Approach - July 2007
- Research Compendium (Draft), Incineration and Waste Processing Transfer and Disposal Study: Phase 1, June 2006
- Research appendices (Draft), Incineration and Waste Processing Transfer and Disposal Study: Phase 1, June 2006
- Staff Report: Extension Of Interim Control By-Law 312-2005, September 6, 2006
- Waste Processing Presentation, May 22, 2007
- Staff Recommendation Report: Incineration and Waster Processing, Transfer and Disposal Study, March 16 2007
- "Statutory Public Meeting" - September 5, 2007
- July 30th PDD Report
- Statutory Public Meeting Report
- Official Plan Amendment and Zoning By-law
For more information, please contact 905-874-2068 or e-mail email@example.com