The Vales of Humber (Secondary Plan Area 50) is about 500 acres of land bounded by Mayfield Road to the North, Countryside Drive to the south, the Gore Road to the east and a tributary of the West Humber River to the west (click here for link to location map).
The Vales of Humber was identified as a new secondary plan area with the approval of OP93-253 in 2005. This amendment designates the Vales of Humber as Residential and this area is identified as an Upscale Executive Housing Special Policy Area in the Official Plan.
Policies in the Official Plan, with respect to the Vales of Humber, provide for secondary planning to be undertaken concurrently with block planning.
All secondary planning exercises must be subject to growth management considerations such as the coordination of infrastructure and staging/sequencing timing in accordance with approved Council policy.
- OP93-253 and Recommendation Report presented to Planning, Design and Development Committee on October 3, 2005.
- Status Report presented to Planning, Design and Development Committee on November 17, 2007.
- Status Report Presented to Planning, Design and Development Committee on June 15, 2009.
- A public open house was held on June 23, 2009. Click here to view the power point presentation.
- A land use concept plan, community vision and planning principles were presented for endorsement at the Planning, Design and Development Committee meeting on December 7, 2009. Please click here to view the recommendation report.
- A draft block plan concept was presented to the Planning, Design and Development Committee meeting of February 7, 2011. Click here to view the February 7, 2011 Recommendation Report.
- A public open house was held on March 31, 2011. Click here to view the preliminary block plan concept.
- A statutory public meeting was held on June 13, 2011. Click here to view the staff report.
- Recommendation Report presented to Planning, Design and Development Committee on October 17, 2011.
- Vales of Humber Secondary Plan and Block Plan adopted by Council on November 30, 2011. Click here to view the staff report.
- The Block Plan was approved on August 27, 2012.
For more information on the City’s planning program for Vales of Humber, please contact:
Pam Cooper, MCIP, RPP
Policy Planner III, Land Use Policy
Phone: 905 874-2068