Community block plans assist in the co-coordination of
- the delivery of services and infrastructure
- allocation of development priority
- layout of roads and the location and configuration
- character, size and urban form of parks, institutional, commercial and industrial sites
- layout/function of open space corridors, valleylands, woodlots and other natural features
A Community Design Framework (CDF) document is first prepared at the Secondary Plan Stage. Then, at the Block Plan stage, the proposed community design elements are enhanced and further detailed in a Community Design Guideline (CDG).
Approved Community Block Plans and Accompanying Community Design Guidelines
Community Block Plans Under Review
The following Block Plans are currently under review by the City of Brampton. Supporting studies, including the preparation of Community Design Guidelines, are required before the Block Plan is approved.