The Ontario Technology Corridor (OTC) is one of North America’s largest technology cluster after Silicon Valley and New York, employing more than 270,000 people.
· Brampton has over 275 businesses in the ICT sector, which together employ almost 7,800 information technology professionals;
· ICT professionals are found in all of Brampton’s industry sectors;
· Sheridan College’s Faculty of Applied Science and Technology in Brampton offers diploma and degree programs related to ICT, and Brampton is within driving distance to universities and colleges throughout the Greater Toronto Area (GTA) that offer over 40 university-
level programs and over 30 college-level programs.
The ICT industry in the Greater Toronto Area generates between $50 to $55 billion in annual sales,$50 to $55 billion in annual sales. In addition to this thriving economic climate, Brampton’s ICT sector is also supported by a number of federal, provincial and local programs, such as:
· Business Development Bank of Canada (BDC)
· Ontario Innovation Tax Credit
· Ontario New Technology Tax Incentive
· And others…
In Good Company
Many major ICT companies are based in Brampton, including:
· Rogers Communications Inc.
· Iron Mountain
· Open Storage Solutions (opened by Dell)
· IT Weapons
· Entertainment One Ltd.
· And many others…
Contact: Cassandra Baccardax, Innovation & Technology Sector Manager
905-874-3693 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Download our ICT sector profile here!