On Wednesday, November 18th, the Longo’s family along with Mayor Linda Jeffrey and City Councillor Doug Whillans, welcomed the community to the grand opening of Longo’s new Brampton store, located at 65 Dufay Road, at Sandalwood Parkway West and Mississauga Road. The Sandalwood store marks the second Brampton location for the grocery chain.
"I’m delighted to open the doors of our second Brampton location, offering shoppers in the area a go-to destination for great fresh food and unrivalled quality just before the busy holiday season,” said Longo’s President and CEO Anthony Longo . “We’re looking forward to bringing our passion, expertise and love of fresh food to this part of the community, and look forward to welcoming our new shoppers.”
The 39,000 square foot Longo’s Sandalwood store will feature a fresh roti and chapatti station, a customer favourite, exclusive to Longo’s Brampton locations. Baked and packaged on site daily based on demand, the traditional South Asian flatbreads will be offered in a variety of flavours including whole wheat, garlic and spinach.
The Sandalwood store will also offer customers:
- Longo’s award-winning fresh salad bar
- A gourmet made-to-order stone pizza oven
- Full service deli with more than 300 local and international cheese and deli meats
- Full service meat and seafood counter
- Fresh in-store bakery with over unique 20 artisan breads
- Full assortment of fresh fruits and vegetables including extensive local and organic varieties
- A dedicated gluten-free aisle featuring breads, desserts and everyday staples
- A full service Starbucks coffee shop
- Over 170 food experts
The Sandalwood location will also house Longo’s trademark Loft Cooking School on the upper level, offering an extensive variety of specialty cooking and educational classes, as well as a welcoming place for the community to gather.