Call for Performers: Opening Day of the Downtown Brampton Farmer's Market
The City of Brampton is excited to release a Call for Performers for stage programming in Garden Square at the Opening Day of the Farmer's Market!
What Are We Looking For?
The Cultural Services Division is issuing a Call for Performer’s for Saturday, June 15th from 7am – 1pm. The stage in Garden Square will showcase local, Brampton-based performers as part of the live entertainment throughout the opening day of the Farmers’ Market.
Date: Saturday, June 15th, 2019 from 7AM – 1PM
Location: Garden Square – 1 Theatre Lane, Brampton
Deadline: May 23, 2019 by midnight
Notification of Approval: Friday, May 31st, 2019
- Positive representation of the City of Brampton
- Reflective of Brampton’s diversity and demographics
- Instill a sense of civic pride among Brampton residents
- Physical fit with space and staging
- Artist(s) must be Brampton-based
- Artist(s) must have a minimum set list and/or performance of 20 - 30 minutes (can be both original and covers)
- Artist(s) must be able to set-up in 10 min and take down in 5 min all staging requirements
- Artist(s) must fit on a 16’ x 20’ stage (StageLine SL75)
- Acoustic performances or track artists preferred
If successful, your performance will be provided with:
- Production Audio
- Wired Microphones (up to 5)
- Direct Inputs (up to 5)
- Audio Monitors (full stage coverage)
- Stage Power
- Technicians for operation, stage management and stage crew
We do not provide any backline, including (but not limited to) instruments, amplifiers, patch cables, pedalboards, or power adapters. Sound checks will not be provided.
Applications will be reviewed by a selection committee comprised of City of Brampton staff and evaluated based on the priorities and eligibility indicated above. The submission of an application form does not guarantee participation, as space is limited.
Successful applicants will be contacted directly following the evaluation process to finalize an artist agreement for the performance. They will be notified by May 31st, 2019.
All artists will receive monetary compensation in accordance to the Toronto Music Association (TMA) Rate Card.