- Hosting An Event
Garden Square is committed to providing opportunities for local community groups to showcase and celebrate culture and creativity. As such, the Square offers several options for not-for-profit and charitable organizations to host independently produced community-focused events. Independently produced events receive a full complement of services including technical production, security, cleaning and logistics staff, as well as client support. Our staff will work closely with you to provide the expertise required to ensure that your event is a success.
If you have a question about whether a permit for Garden Square is required for an activity, contact us at 905.874.2957 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Garden Square supports various kinds of pop-up cultural events throughout the year. These events are fun, creative, accessible, and do not require extensive technical support or set-up. Applications for pop-up events are reviewed and considered by City staff on an ongoing case by case basis, based on the availability of space and City resources. Applications are approved by Performing Arts Management.
The scope of a Pop-Up must conform to one of the three (3) types of activations listed below. City staff reserve the right to determine whether the scope of a proposed events exceeds the capacity of the Garden Square Pop-Up Program. Such events must apply to the Garden Square Festival Program at the next available deadline. Pop-Ups:
- Can use up to three (3) 10’x10’ tents
- Do not have the exclusive use of Garden Square; other activities and events may take place simultaneously
- May include modest performances on the fountain stage only
- Ground: The Pop-Up – Ground includes the use of the Garden Square space. Facility equipment and use of screen for still images are also available.
- Movie: The Pop-Up – Movie includes the use of the screen and all required support staff. Facility and technical equipment are also available.
- Fountain: The Pop-Up – Fountain includes the use of the fountain stage, outdoor sound system, and all required support staff for a modest performance. Facility and technical equipment as well as use of screen are also available. This is the only stage option available for Pop-Ups.
Garden Square is in high demand and there is limited availability for pop-up events. Contact Garden Square email@example.com in advance of submitting your application to discuss the availability of dates.