The City of Brampton is proud to offer a recognition program for outstanding citizens in our community who have made achievements within the past year, in the following categories:
- The Sports Achievement Award recognizes Brampton residents whose achievements have been recognized at the Provincial, National or International level.
- The Arts Acclaim Award recognizes individuals whose contribution has had a significant impact in terms of achieving local, Provincial, National or International acclaim.
- The Long Term Service Award recognizes dedicated volunteers whose efforts have made a significant impact towards the development and advancement of recreational sports, the arts and community social services.
- The Inspirational Award recognizes Brampton residents who advocate or practice humane action, or who have had an inspirational influence on others.
- The Emergency Services Award of Valour recognizes an individual or individuals, who voluntarily risked their own life/lives while performing a heroic act to save the life of another person.
- New for 2017, the Volunteer of the Year Award recognizes a Brampton Volunteer, as well as a Brampton Youth, who have demonstrated all-round community involvement, rather than a specific activity or contribution. This award recognizes local residents who build communities and who what can be achieved with passion and determination.
A Selection Committee comprised of community members with subject matter expertise in award categories, along with elected City Officials, Brampton Fire and Emergency Services, Brampton Sports Alliance, Brampton Seniors Council and Peel Regional Police is appointed to review all nominations.
The nomination window for the 2018 Citizens Awards is October 1 - December 31 2018. Late nominations and self-nominations unfortunately, will not be considered. Nomination forms will be posted to the website once the nomination window is open.
Citizens Awards Team
City of Brampton
2 Wellington Street West
Brampton, Ontario, L6Y 4R2