Recognition will be given to those who have contributed significant volunteer time and effort towards the advancement of community life throughout Brampton.
Potential candidates for Long Term Service Awards will have made a contribution to community social services, the development of recreational sports, and/or the arts.
Potential candidates will be those volunteers who contribute a minimum of 10 years, 25 years, 35 years or 50 years to the community and its citizens in such unselfish efforts as:
- The advancement of Community Social Services – e.g. volunteering with Boy Scouts, Meals on Wheels, Canadian Cancer Society, Neighbourhood Watch, community festivals, etc.
- The development of Sports – e.g. volunteer coaches, referees, or management staff with minor sport groups, YM/ YWCA, Recreation programs, etc.
- The development of the Arts – e.g. volunteer consulting, chairing, organizing and/or promoting not-for-profit community art groups.
- Candidates for a Long Term Service Award may accumulate their volunteer service that spans across more than one area each year (e.g. Social Services, Sports or the Arts). A volunteer’s effort must have a significant impact in each of the areas being used to total the years of service. Please note that recipients may only be awarded once in each category (10 years, 25 years, 35 years or 50 plus years).
- Volunteer organizations are eligible to receive an award, so long as the organization has been operating for 25, 50, 75 or 100 plus years.
- Candidates for a Long Term Service Award cannot be in receipt of remuneration of any kind, as that will void the nomination.